Thursday, September 2, 2010

The High C

Ok.

So...yesterday was not a magic day. I sang those B naturals again today...AND A HIGH C. I held a door open for an elderly lady earlier in the day. Do you think that's why? Every time I am a good samaritan I get a high C? Haha. I'm clearly kidding (not about the holding the door open part for the elderly lady...the part where it earns me high Cs). I think I've honestly found the spot.

A beautiful mezzo who was in her Op. Dip. when I was in my first year told me that she found her high notes at 23. Is this the magic age? If so...I like being 23 right now :). Again, these are small victories, but they are so huge for me. Sorry if this high note business is getting monotonous....BUT...when the C# and D are there, I will inform you. Just saying.

In other news, I am anxiously awaiting our initial Opera Excerpts cast list. I know what operas we are doing excerpts from (La Traviata, Manon and Ariadne auf Naxos) but I have NO idea who I'll be cast as. I can make educated guesses, but I don't want to be hasty. I got my scores in the mail today so I am asking our Opera Mom (Kim) to please send out the list. I am way too excited and want to start learning.

Ciao for now,

Stephanie



 

No comments:

Post a Comment