Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Living in the Present

Ok. So I took quite a long hiatus from writing on this blog. After some time away, I've realized how much I missed writing here. Things got busy, priorities got skewed, that's life.

This summer of development is fast approaching and I can't believe it begins with something as challenging as Ariadne. When I got the role, I couldn't wait to begin, and I did. I have been working intensely on this role since November 2011. Its only now, getting into the spring months (March, April) where the artistic rut starts to set in. I've done so much work on this material for so long that I have been practicing less in the more recent weeks. The singing is coming along nicely, and now it is time for me to practice in a different way. Knowing the role doesn't just involve singing. There are many other factors as many of you know.

  It turns out that I am not quite as good at balancing my work and my social life yet. This is something I always struggle with. The idea of balance. I am also working on letting go of this fact. The past is in the past. Onward and upward.  Instead of worrying about it here, I have decided to share a tool that is helping me along.

A very good singer friend of mine has a set of these and they are awesome to have around when you need  some words of inspiration. Its also very interesting that we seem to draw the card we need to read that day. They are called Power Thought Cards. They have a short message on the front, then a longer more detailed message on the rear of the card. The message I got today is one that I definitely needed to hear:

Front: The point of POWER is always in the present moment.

Back: The past is over and done and has no power over me. I can begin to be free in this moment. Today's thoughts create my future. I am in charge. I now take my own power back. I am safe and I am free.





Here's to living in the moment and letting go. To a summer of learning, meeting new people and personal and professional growth.

I'll be sharing my thoughts over the next couple weeks before I leave for Edmonton. I plan and look forward to sharing my experiences when I am out of the province and prepping for Ariadne.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Pull a card for me love!! :) Your blog made me smile today!!

    ReplyDelete